Skip to main content

Puperita Spinkles T-Shirt and Sprinkles Shorts


Summer is already here in San Antonio, TX, it's been 90 degrees a few days already, so the Sprinkles set is perfect.  ( I was a pattern tester and received the patterns for free.  I'm also a volunteer admin in Puperita's Facebook group Puperita Teamwork).  The top has a small drop sleeve (no sleeves to attach) making it so quick to sew.  I love the rounded hi-lo hem and slightly A-line shape of the shirt.  The shorts feature pockets!  What kid doesn't want pockets?

Susie is 45.5" tall, but pretty skinny, so I stuck with size 6 and the fit was perfect.



Sprinkles T-Shirt pattern features:

  • 3/8" seam allowances 3/4" hem allowance
  • Layers to print the sizes needed
  • Trim Pages
  • Body Measurement Table (Imperial and Metric)
  • Garment Ease for the chest
  • Cutting Layout
  • Guidance for sewing knits on a sewing machine
  • Clear pictures and instructions for assembly (fabric has an obvious right and wrong side)
  • Size Newborn to 10
Pattern pieces:

  • Front Bodice
  • Back Bodice
  • Neckband
  • Sleevebands
I made two sets for Susie, both are out of Joann's Doodle's line.  Which is 100% cotton interlock that shrinks a ton (buy at least 1/3 yard extra).


She loves them both and hasn't stopped wearing them.


Sprinkles Shorts pattern features:

  • 3/8" seam allowances
  • Layers to print the sizes needed
  • Trim Pages
  • Body Measurement Table (Imperial and Metric)
  • Cutting Layout
  • Guidance for sewing knits on a sewing machine
  • Clear pictures and instructions for assembly (fabric has an obvious right and wrong side)
  • Size Newborn to 4 (for children wearing diapers)
  • Size 2-10 (for children not wearing diapers)
Pattern pieces:
  • Front 
  • Back 
  • Pocket
  • Pocket Facing
  • Waistband
  • Drawstring (measurements)
  • Front Leg Bands
  • Back Leg Bands


Her waist is only 19" and hips are 24" actually fit in size 4, so with Annalisa's guidance I cut a size 6 (for her height) and narrowed the shorts pattern (she asked me to cut the piece in half and overlap it by 3/8").  I cut the waistband size 6 piece, but stretched it around her waist to make it custom sized (as the pattern suggests).  This leaves the waist with lots of gathering when taking a flat lay picture, but ensures the shorts stay up when on.





The shorts bands are attached before sewing the side seam, so, as suggested in the pattern, you have to carefully match up the hem and the top edge of the leg bands.  This leaves a hanging serger tail that needs to be secured.  I think I will probably change that on my own pairs and sew the leg bands together then attach the leg bands on after sewing the side seam, but that is a bit more complicated to get to match up perfectly, so I know why the instructions are written that way.

They have an optional drawstring, which I know my daughter would love, but I just didn't try it on these pairs.  Next time for sure.

Happy Sewing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puperita Liberty Blouse (with Liberty Lawn Bias)

Puperita's Liberty Style Blouse is a lovely top for girls size 3-10. I've had this pattern for a very long time and can't believe I waited so long to sew it.  I used a rayon remnant from Jo-Ann's, so it is perfect for a Texas Summer. The sleeve is gathered at the cap giving it a pretty flutter.  I did change the sleeves to have a rolled hem instead of a regular hem, mainly because I really like using that function on my BabyLock. The neckline and armscye are finished with bias tape.  I bought some Liberty Bias tape last year and decided this was the perfect project to try it out.  I love the pretty touch inside the blouse. The blouse has four tiny pleats in the front and back of the bodice that are a very sweet and simple detail. The back buttons.  I adored these butterfly buttons when I found them and they actually are one of the main reasons Susie will wear the blouse. Happy Sewing!

Children's Corner Nora

I bought the Dear Stella Flamingo knit and Children's Corner Nora's Knit Dress pattern at my local quilt shop, Sew Special Quilts .  I love that they offer great quality patterns and fabrics for more than quilting. The pattern offers sizes 1-6, but be aware they are not nested, so if your child is skinny like mine it is not easy to blend sizes.  Normally I would have sewn her a size 4 width and 6 length, but since each size is a separate tissue page I just made a straight 6.  There is a bit of gaping at her neck, but since it is a dress I think the loose fit is okay.  If I had made the circle skirt version (View A) I would have wanted a tighter fit. She was past posing for pictures at this point It has a neckline facing instead of a neckband or binding.  You do have to stitch the facing down, so a coverstitch machine or twin needle are needed.  You may have to zoom in to see the topstitching on the facing edge.  The pattern had pieces to use as a template, but I just