Skip to main content

Puperita Liberty Blouse (with Liberty Lawn Bias)

Puperita's Liberty Style Blouse is a lovely top for girls size 3-10.
I've had this pattern for a very long time and can't believe I waited so long to sew it.  I used a rayon remnant from Jo-Ann's, so it is perfect for a Texas Summer.

The sleeve is gathered at the cap giving it a pretty flutter.  I did change the sleeves to have a rolled hem instead of a regular hem, mainly because I really like using that function on my BabyLock.

The neckline and armscye are finished with bias tape.  I bought some Liberty Bias tape last year and decided this was the perfect project to try it out.  I love the pretty touch inside the blouse.
The blouse has four tiny pleats in the front and back of the bodice that are a very sweet and simple detail.

The back buttons.  I adored these butterfly buttons when I found them and they actually are one of the main reasons Susie will wear the blouse.

Happy Sewing!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children's Corner Nora

I bought the Dear Stella Flamingo knit and Children's Corner Nora's Knit Dress pattern at my local quilt shop, Sew Special Quilts .  I love that they offer great quality patterns and fabrics for more than quilting. The pattern offers sizes 1-6, but be aware they are not nested, so if your child is skinny like mine it is not easy to blend sizes.  Normally I would have sewn her a size 4 width and 6 length, but since each size is a separate tissue page I just made a straight 6.  There is a bit of gaping at her neck, but since it is a dress I think the loose fit is okay.  If I had made the circle skirt version (View A) I would have wanted a tighter fit. She was past posing for pictures at this point It has a neckline facing instead of a neckband or binding.  You do have to stitch the facing down, so a coverstitch machine or twin needle are needed.  You may have to zoom in to see the topstitching on the facing edge.  The pattern had pieces to use as a template, but I just

Puperita Spinkles T-Shirt and Sprinkles Shorts

Summer is already here in San Antonio, TX, it's been 90 degrees a few days already, so the Sprinkles set is perfect.  ( I was a pattern tester and received the patterns for free.  I'm also a volunteer admin in Puperita's Facebook group Puperita Teamwork ).  The top has a small drop sleeve (no sleeves to attach) making it so quick to sew.  I love the rounded hi-lo hem and slightly A-line shape of the shirt.  The shorts feature pockets!  What kid doesn't want pockets? Susie is 45.5" tall, but pretty skinny, so I stuck with size 6 and the fit was perfect. Sprinkles T-Shirt pattern features: 3/8" seam allowances 3/4" hem allowance Layers to print the sizes needed Trim Pages Body Measurement Table (Imperial and Metric) Garment Ease for the chest Cutting Layout Guidance for sewing knits on a sewing machine Clear pictures and instructions for assembly (fabric has an obvious right and wrong side) Size Newborn to 10 Pattern pi